'Something In Between' - Jean Spokes

Thursday 9 October 2014 - Sunday 2 November 2014

"Something in between" is a collaboration of works created on & from three caravanning trips that Gary & I have travelled over the last three years.
The first was through inland NSW & Queensland to "The Tip" at Cape York, the Farthest North we could go.
The second covered lower NSW to Birdsville then up through "Central Australia". I loved the excitement of painting the amazing colours around the gorges near Alice Springs. Kakadu areas landscapes range from grand panoramas, massive rock formations, billabongs & crocodile infested rivers where an Artist maintains high alertness of their Plein-Air painting surroundings.
Early 2014 we enjoyed the "Southern" areas of Australia to as far south as we could drive in the Tasmanian state. The pristine waters of this area have to be seen to believe how clear H2o can actually be & how special this area is in Australia.
The wind temperature also needs to be felt.
The "Something in Between" is around Gloucester, where we live & love the people, countryside, mountains, rivers & farmlands
All these areas have a variety of wonderful birds specific to their area. Some stay in a small area & do repetitive movements so can be painted in situ while others species need photography to paint back in the studio situation.
I hope you enjoy this exhibition as I have enjoyed my painting journey.