Bronwyn Barton

Thursday 21 July 2022 - Sunday 14 August 2022

Although my previous work life was finance/number based my artworks are perhaps surprisingly far more organic. Inspired by the natural sub-tropical bush where I live, my semi abstract artworks are a response to the positive and the negative shapes, the textures, lines, shadows and reflections I see around me. I love to wander and pick up debris and withered bark to keep as references. My phone is full of photos of plant forms from around my garden. 

I am an intuitive painter who loves the luscious properties of paint and the expressive marks I can make not just with a brush but with whatever is at hand. My process is one of act and respond where experimentation is encouraged. I paint in layers and use different methods to reveal the underlying colour which provides a sense of both depth and spontaneity. 

My aim is to create pieces that are striking from a distance but provide the viewer with so much more when they get in close.

Currently my artworks are held by Collectors both here in Australia and overseas.